When Should You Mow Your Lawn?

With spring being less than two weeks away, what are your exterior and outdoor plans for your home?

As the temperatures get warmer, and the soil temperature gets warmer, it'll be time to start taking care of your lawn.  Make sure to check the condition of your lawn mower and sharpen blades, service motors, change the oil, etc.

Below, I'm including some articles that may be useful or informative on lawn maintenance and a little bit about what the link or article covers.

Image Source here

Image Source here

7 TIPS FOR PREPPING YOUR RALEIGH LAWN FOR SPRING


  1. Test your soil's pH
  2. Consider aeration
  3. Do not put down insect control
  4. Go easy with the mower
  5. Now is the time for seeding!
  6. Get a jump on crabgrass
  7. Tune up your equipment
Image Source here

A PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR MOWING YOUR LAWN (9 Common Questions Answered)


  1. When should I start mowing, aerating, and seeding my lawn?
  2. When should I stop mowing my lawn in the fall (or winter)?
  3. When should I resume mowing my lawn in the spring?
  4. When can I mow my lawn before and after spraying for weeds?
  5. Should I mow my lawn before aerating?
  6. Can I mow my lawn when it's wet?
  7. Can I mow my lawn after fertilizing?
  8. Should I mow my lawn before applying fertilizer?
  9. How often should I mow my lawn?
Image Source here


HOW IMPORTANT IS A PERFECT LAWN WHEN YOU'RE SELLING YOUR HOME?


LAWNS

Cool-season Grasses
Warm-season Grasses
Establishing a New Lawn
Caring for a New Lawn
Maintaining an Established Lawn
Renovating a Lawn
Integrated Pest Management

LAWN TIPS: WHAT GRASS TO PLANT IN NORTH CAROLINA

Mountain Region Grasses
Piedmont Region Grasses
Coastal Plains Region Grasses
Proper Irrigation
Lawn Fertilization
NC Lawn Care Tips

What type of grass does your lawn consist of?



Real Estate Decoded Contributor

Sources: 1. LawnStarter 2. Weed Man 3. NC State 4. Southern States 5. The New York Times

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making the Move That's Right for You: Downsizing

The 5 Phases of emotions when buying a home go something like this...

Part 3 of 3: Decorating Your Space